For most independent consultants the road is lonely. As a consultant I'm looking for things like feedback, people to share wins with, public amplification support, meeting new people, and help.
Standups allow me and the other members to do this.
Here's how it works:
- everyday you share your work by answering three questions:
- What did you accomplish yesterday?
- What will you do today?
- Where do you need help?
- there is no hard and fast rule that you MUST share; you may opt-out
- you should try and attempt to comment on at least one person's update
- it's not networking, it's more like an infinite hackathon
- some of the deepest bonds are built through shared struggle and long-term games
Here are the benefits to me:
- I know what's going on in my life because I can see it in front of me
- I get a peek into the lives of people I care about and want to see succeed
- I'm creating connection with those in the group
- Helps me hold myself accountable
- I get to keep a pulse on the community
- It's a great framework for collaboration
Rituals are powerful. I'm glad in our first week of installing standups it has been a success.
Vikrant Duggal Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.