Last week someone mentioned to me that every day - in the U.S. - 100 million Big Mac-type meals are eaten. That's every day. In my neighborhood the line for Starbucks and Chik-fil-A are always long in the morning (note: a majority of Starbucks items that people have have a ton of dairy and refined sugar in them!).
With all the discussion about vaccines in the main stream media I wish they also spent some fraction of it discussing immunity and health. I think overall we need to increase our core vitamin levels (e.g. Vitamin D) and reducing our body mass.
My own journey over the last year had led to consistency with healthy habits.
I think I'll use some of the space on my blog here to share a message our habit like:
- supplements I take daily
- morning routine habits
- evening routine habits
- nutrition/food guidance
- regular exercise
Right now I'm doing a few things. You may want to try one or more of these
- Get out of my house first thing upon waking up and walk around for five minutes (get some fresh air and the benefits of any sun/light)
- Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning
- Taking my supplements daily
- Meditating (I'm rebuilding my practice and working toward 110 minutes of meditation per day. No apps. I'm doing Vipassana.)
- Walking/jogging 2-3 miles a day
- Lights out and asleep by 1030p
I think this is an important topic and even if I can help one person the time spent on helping others live a more healthy lifestyle it will have been worth it.
Vikrant Duggal Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.