$2M at an 10M cap. Congratulations, you've just raised your pre-seed round in 2021.
Here's my Quick Start Guide:
- Acknowledge that you've raised your round. Craft your first investor update, share the news with your team, and pat uourself on the back.
- Work through your product development process to understand if it's optimal for your future needs.
- Learn what your customer needs to support a) what you will build and b) what your go to market will need to look like.
- You raised off a pitch deck and unfortunately that won't work in your go to market strategy (and still so many founders use their pitch deck) so adjust your sales motion from a seller orientation to a customer orientation
- Your lead investor will likely do a kick-off meeting with you. Here's the most important question to ask: "What do we need to accomplish to achieve our next fundraise?" There will likely be two options presented to you.
You can do this!
Vikrant Duggal Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.